Episode 42 – Heading into the Roaring 20s with Melanie Midegs
In this episode I chat with Melanie Midegs, where she shares insights from the last decade and predictions for the next.
Melanie is a futurist, teacher of Chakra Philosophy for Business and founder of Seed to Soul. We explore psychosomatic therapy – the study of the body-mind connection – and how this changed her world, why technology will shift us to unplug, and her core message of humanity and sustainability before economics.
Key episode highlights include:
- A company can’t become truly sustainable unless its people are conscious – that’s the piece that’s still missing
- Shifting focus from profit to planet
- It’s hard to care about a bigger issue in the world, when our personal life isn’t feeling safe.
Key lessons/achievements from the last decade:
- Trusting the process
- Failures just point you in a new direction and a ’no’ just means you need to find another way
- Sorting her own life out so she can now focus on making a bigger impact
- The world is waking up and becoming more accepting of new ideas and ways of being, especially through information being greatly accessible via technology – 6 years ago people used to give Melanie the strangest looks when she started to talk about Chakra Philosophy and Face Reading… since then she’s been invited to companies such as Lululemon and Singapores Chambers of Commerce & Industry to present this work.
What Melanie predicts the next decade will hold:
- The beauty of technology and artificial intelligence is the fact that it’ll push us to the point where we need to unplug
- Our current climate crisis, amongst a range of other issues, will get worse before it gets better, unfortunately… but two things will happen under pressure. New leaders will be born, and those who refuse to start doing things differently will struggle
- Those who choose to stay ignorant to not only what’s important in this world, but ignorant to their own emotional intelligence will truly struggle when their comfortable structures start crashing down around them.
- There’s a new way to come back into business and still be successful, but do it from the heart.
Melanie’s personal goals for the next decade:
To change the lives of 1,000,000 people. Melanie is beginning to lead a movement that busts the notion that spirituality and emotional intelligence are ‘soft skills’ in business… yes we need strategy, but for the world to change and become a happier place, everyone needs to change their perspective of themselves from the inside out… from CEO’s, Entrepreneurs, Employees and World Leaders… no one is exempt from this and the ripple effect, without a doubt, will be life changing for all of us.
Melanie’s final messages:
Humanity and sustainability must come before economics. The world is in this chaotic turmoil because economics comes before anything else
There is no separation between you and your business. Your world is a direct reflection of what’s happening internally for you. Ignore your body, ignore your emotions ~ instead purely using your mind, and you will create a dead end road for yourself.
To find out more about Melanie, head over to Seed to Soul.